The Jemar Norpower 30ft Seismic Workboat is a special designed workboat for cable handling operations at sea.
It can operate as a “stand alone” workboat on survey vessels with weight or space limitations or 2nd Workboat onboard “full size” survey vessels.
This spare workboat will fit onboard all types of mother vessels.
It is the biggest and strongest of our seismic workboats.
Vital parts of the boat-construction are strengthened based on experience from rough handling of workboats on purse net seiners, Supply vessels in the North Sea, and supply of more than 100 workboats for seismic operations over the last 15-20 years.
The workboat is certified as a decked boat, and the shape of the hull forms a boat with square stern and deep keel, trim and bowline inclining forward.
The deck is self-drained and large flush work deck behind the winch, for working or passengers (Crew transfer).
It is fully equipped for all kinds of cable work like cleaning cables, changing streamer sections, repairing birds and towing tail bouyos.
Due to the variable pitch propeller and the hull design the boat is able to tow more than 3 tons and obtain a speed of more than 20 knots.
The strong construction and solid fender make the workboat endure rough treatment.
Jemar Norpower Seismic Workboat has excellent towing characteristics and high stability and considerable surplus buoyancy make the boat practically unsinkable.
Features of the boat today are:
- 8T «Off-load-release» one-point lifting hook
- Solid fender on the railing Precise steering due to the shape of the keel and an enlarged rudder blade.
- Easy to manoeuvre at working speed (4-5 knots)
- Reliable propulsion system that is easy to maintain.
- A comfortable and quite soft pitch of the boat even when run at high speed against the sea.
- Excellent seaworthiness and solid hull construction ensure the safety of the cre
- Shelter for the crew in “open back wheelhouse”.
- Custom made cable handling equipment for safe and effective cable operations
- Wheelhouse with maneuver console in front, aft open
- Coxswain-seat for the pilot and seating for four crew members
- Approved bilge and fire extinguishing systems
- Navigation and communication
The boat are certified by “Bureau Veritas” as Workboat complying with the rules for “Nordic Boat Standard”
|Length over all||9,1 m|
|Beam Incl. Fender||3,3|
|Lightship weight||6,2 tons|
|Engine range||175 to 425 Bhp|
|Propulsion||(Single) Pitch Propeller|
|Gear||Nogva HC-168 gear, reduction 2,95:1|
|Speed range||16 to 25 knots|
|Bollard pull||1850 to 3100 kg+|
|Pax. Capacity||Coxswain + crew of five + 6 passengers|
|Fuel capacity||2 x 325 Liter|
|Class||Nordic Boat Standard for Commercial Boats Less Than 15 meters|
|Cable Handling Equitment||Double Drum Cable Winch, capacity: 2 x 150m 60mm solid streamer|
|Bow winch on forcastle, capacity: 210m 14 m/m rope|
|Cable retrival Rig at forward, one flipper at SB side|
|Class society||Bureau Veritas|
Strong and solid workboat specially built for cable handling operations at sea. The boat has a unique combination of speed and bollard pull due to its hull design and the pitch propeller.
Further equipment in the boat are flush spacious work deck, reliable engine, hydraulic cable lifter, double drum streamer winch.Davit designed for the boat available.